Tomorrow the LSU Tigers are set to take on the Michigan Spartans. LSU ranking number third while the Spartan ranked second. Although this tournament hasn’t had a great amount of upsets like last year, theres still the possibility for some classic games.
- For tomorrows game, I expect a great matchup between Michigan guard Cassius Winston and LSU guard Tremont Waters. For Michigan, Winston helps control the game with his dribble-drive penetration and finishing ability at that rim.
- I look for Waters to do much of the same with a lot of dribble drive penetration and feeding to big-man Nazreon Reid.
- Nazier read Stats( 13.7 ppg, 7.2 reb 47% FG)
- I look for Winston to win this matchup due to the depth of the overall Michigan team. LSU has shown resiliency to this point beating Maryland with a buzzer beater, but the quick paced offense of the Spartans is going to be too much in their matchup.
- Tom Izzo is looking for Winston to take his game to another level this march madness. I can never be mad at a coach for trying to motivate his players, but in reality Michigan is not deep enough or talented enough to beat some of the teams left in the tournament. With Winston at the core the success of the team starts with him. That’s a lot of pressure for one guy with no major second option with Miles Bridges entering the N.B.A. Last Season Bridges and Winston were a force with Winston driving andBridges rolling. Winston reminds me of a Terry Rozier type of player, that would be most effective running a bench offense. Not a first option type of player at the moment. He’s high energy and can be an actual point guard while looking for his own shot afterward. While I do look for Winston to play well, I wonder if his draft stock will fall due to play against better guards. For example, if he plays against duke, he will go against the guard combo of RJ Barrett and Tre Jones. Barrett who is bigger and stronger at the point guard and Jones who may be one of the only guards quicker than Winston himself.